Saturday, September 20, 2008

Summer, Trip, School, Life

Well school has started yet again. I will get into that later, first I should tell you hjow my summer went. It was a lot of fun. I finished spanish YIPPEE!!! I am done finito. Once that was finished I decided to take a break from all things scholarly and just relax for a little while. So I figured that I should go to Utah and have some fun out there. For those of you all who know the story just bare with me.

Well we went to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho for a few days. It was a blast. Day one was spent getting settled into the cabin and going to the pool. They have some fun waterslides and a huge outdoor swimming pool. The weather was great. I even was brave enough to go off the diving board. (The low one of course. I'm not that stupid.) I even got out my snorkel and mask yes I probably looked like a dork but I had fun doing it so that is all that matters.

The next day we got the tubes ready to go down the little river they have going through the town. The first trip down I did great! Didn't fall off once. Was so proud of myself. It went downhill from there though. I fell off I think at least twice in the rest of my travels down the river. Got all cut up and bruised and sunburned. I even lost my hat on one of my wipeouts. I saw it float down the river and I couldn't catch up to it. I thought it was lost for good. But as I was going down I saw a red thing stuck to a rock underwater so I reached for it. It was my hat! I couldn't believe it. I had loads of fun and would do it again in a heartbeat. Maybe I will perfect the technique of staying on the tube so I don't fall off.

I also observed an optometrist while I was in Utah. Dr. Pyne the optometrist that Bethany works for was kind enough to let me follow her around for a few days. I learned a ton and am really excited to go to optometry school now. I am still working on my applications. That was one of the things I wanted to get done during the summer but didn't. Oh well. I hope to have them sent in by the beginning of October. I am taking the OAT on Dec 23rd so wish me luck everyone.

School this semester is pretty tough so far. I am taking Organic Chemistry, General Biology, Calculus, Creative Writing, and Ceramics. O Chem isn't too bad mostly because the professor rocks. She is really awesome. Biology isnt too bad so far but I will let you know on Monday after my first test what I really think about it. Calculus is just plain hard. I think I am getting it but we will see for sure after the test next Friday. Creative writing is kind of hard. I have always hated writing but I came up with an idea for a short story and did a pretty good job of writing it if I do say so myself. Again we shall see once I get it back as to how well I really did. Ceramics I took for fun because all of the other classes I was taking were so gosh darn hard. So watch out some of you may be getting a Julia original for Christmas.

I have asked Bethany to send me some pics of me at Lava so as soon as I get those I will post them. And I will take some pics of my masterpieces as soon as they are finished.

1 comment:

Jodi Reeve said...

I am glad you had such a fun, eventful summer. When do you expect to graduate from school?