Sunday, October 26, 2008

CAR

So for those of you who have been living under a rock for the past few weeks and haven't heard what happened, here it is.



I wrecked my car on a school trip to Grundy Virginia. Everyone in the car was fine. However the car was not. I crashed into a guard rail going around a tight mountain turn. Luckily I hit straight on otherwise it could have been much worse. This all happened on October 3rd. On Oct 22nd was when the insurance company finally got back to me about the decision of whether or not they would fix it. They decided to total it. Lucky for me they are paying off my entire loan of 10,500. So that leaves me without a car payment for the time being. And without a car.

I was searching on line and talking to people I know about finding a junker car that will just last me the rest of my time here in VA. I went to a couple of places to look at less expensive cars. I didn't have good feelings about any of them. Yeah I may only spend 2000 on a car but what am I going to spend in repair costs and time without a car in the next year or 2. So I figured it would be too much of a hassle. So here is what I bought.



It is a 2003 Honda Civic EX. Yes my old car was a 2003 Honda Civic as well. I figured I might as well stick to what I am comfortable with. No thats not the reason I bought it. I got a great deal on it.



The car payment I had before was 320 a month and I think I had about another 3 yrs left on it. The new car payment I have is 200 bucks a month for 4 years. So I have a reliable car and a lower payment then before and peace of mind.

So all of you who might want to lecture me on making this hasty decision or what some of you may say a stupid decision, I don't want to hear it. I think I made a good decision for me and it is done. So no lectures or snippy coments. Thank you.

4 comments:

GRK_MMM said...

Looks good!

Jessie & Adam said...

hey you can never go wrong with a honda, i say good choice! :)

susie-k said...

no snipey comments here! it's a great deal!! enjoy it!

Angie said...

Nice car! If there's another one just like it, send it my way!