Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Here it Comes

Well I have been here in Virginia for over a year now and hope to only be here for one more year. Don't get me wrong I love it here I am just anxious to move on with my life and get on with my schooling and stuff like that. I am starting to get everything together for my optometry school applications. Each school needs different things and wants things submitted in different ways it is driving me crazy! I am applying to 4 schools for sure but maybe up to 14 schools. It all depends on the school requirements. The ones I am definitely applying to are in Boston, Chicago, Indiana and Oregon.


I have also started studying for the OAT (Optometry Admissions Test). That seems daunting to me right now. I haven't taken one of the classes yet that I need for this test so the studying is a little bit difficult. I am starting that class this fall and am taking the test around Christmas time. The OAT consists of 195 questions with time limits in each section. So wish me luck with it!

So if you read Elizabeths blog you know that I won 2nd place for my yummy chocolate mint chip cookies at the county fair. I am really happy about that. I honestly didn't think I would place at all. Who knew?

I am going to Utah next week for vacation. I am so excited. I have been wanting to go all summer and work was going to be letting up so I figured it was a perfect time to go. So I bought my ticket and made arrangements for time off and my boss ok'd it and everything. Then we had an employee quit a couple of days later so it turns out this is a bad time for me to go but I already bought my ticket so there is nothing they can do about it. I am excited to see everyone out there especially my new nephew Tyler!




I will start school a week after I get home from Utah. I am taking Organic Chemistry, Calculus, General Biology and an English class. Sounds like fun doesn't it? Oh yeah! I am thinking about taking an EMT class so I can get my Virginia and National certifications but it would basically be just a review of the EMT class I took in Utah so I'm not sure I want to waste my time with it. I will be glad to listen to anybodys opinions about this so I can get an idea as to what to do. Thanks!





All these pics are obviously of Xavier and Meredith. They are cuter than I am so hence the pics of them and not me. Meredith is officially in her terrible twos and is quite a handful. She gets into EVERYTHING! I swear I have to hunt down stuff in my room everyday because she moved it or was playing with it or was about to open it and spill it all over so Elizabeth or Spencer had to move it to a safe place. You should see my room. I have to have most of my possesions on top of high places so she can't get at them. And Xavier is just getting to the smiling phase. He is sooooooo cute. He just coos and smiles at you and then spits up all over you. And his cheeks. Oh! You just want to squeeze them all the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

chocolate chip mint cookies, huh? like the ones I used to make?