Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Remote Area Medical

I had a great time on my trip this past weekend. We arrived around 8 pm Friday night and almost immediately hit the sack. We had to get up dark and early the next day at 5 am. We had to be at the school at 6 am to start seeing patients. These people hadn't been seen by a doctor in probably years. Some desperately needed glasses but couldn't afford them. A lot also needed dental work. There were a bunch of dentists and dental assistants that volunteered their time to help all these people. There were also some doctors and some optometrists that helped out.

I got to work the machine that measures the curvature of the eye. It was way cool. Bethany gets to use that machine everyday at her job. I am so jealous. Then I got to see the other side of vision care. Remote Area Medical has a lens grinding van that makes the glasses right there. I got to help with that. I must have made about 50 pairs of glasses.

I should have pictures soon. I wasnt able to take any pics but some other people did take some so as soon as I get them I will post the pics.

Everything else is good. School is almost over. I am excited for summer vacation.

No comments: